Red Seal Machinist
We're hiring an experienced Red Seal Machinist or a 3rd to 4th apprentice to join our dynamic team based in Delta’s Tilbury Park. This position will join the team producing machined parts primarily on CNC and manual machining centers. They will also be responsible for keeping records and maintaining equipment and supplies.
- DAY SHIFT - Monday to Friday from 6:00am - 2:30pm
Senior Estimator/Project Manager
We're hiring an experienced miscellaneous metals Estimator/Project Manager to join our dynamic team based in Delta’s Tilbury Park.
- Estimate steel projects and develop clear and detailed project scope for the customer.
- Maintain current customer relationships.
- Communicate with customers to set realistic deadlines for completion of work.
- Understand plans and specifications to identify the types and grades of material and processes required to ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Maintain a daily critical jobs schedule and keep shop management informed.
- Verify job costing as needed.
Senior Steel Detailer
We're looking to add a Senior Steel Detailer/Checker to join our growing and dynamic team, based out of Delta’s Tilbury Park.
- Produce detailed shop and erection drawings for the transportation industry, as well as architectural steel products required for the construction of residential and commercial projects
- Ensure final drawings and documents are in accordance with the project specifications, contract drawings, and clients’ needs, as well as the company’s standards and all manufacturing limitations
- Respond to inquiries from shop personnel, project construction team, and liaison with clients
About the Job
- Marcon Metalfab (www.marconmetal.com) is hiring an experienced miscellaneous metals Project Manager to join our dynamic team based in Delta’s Tilbury Park. Focusing on Processing only.
- There will be a vast array of jobs and inquiries that will come across your desk so that every day is different. And leave your suit and tie at home, every day is jeans day.
- For over 30 years, Marcon Metalfab has been Western Canada’s partner of choice for custom fabricated steel and rubber products. As we’ve grown, so too has the equipment in the shop. You will help keep that machinery busy.
- We consistently deliver quality products within tight time frames. We have many long-serving employees here, competitive wages, and excellent benefits. Some places say they have a family atmosphere, but it is truly the case here at Marcon.
- We are located in Tilbury Industrial Park in Delta BC, with four ways to get here, the Massey Tunnel, Alex Fraser Bridge, South Fraser Perimeter Rd., and Hwy 99.
- What we need is someone who is a quick learner and already has a background in metal processing.
- We have a plasma, laser, and waterjet cutting as well as forming, machining, and fabrication.
- We process plate, sheet, bars, and structural items in carbon steel, stainless steel, and aluminum.
- If the customer wants it, we usually say ‘yes’.
- Estimate projects and develop clear quotations for the customer.
- Understand what our customer's needs are to identify the best way to produce what they need.
- Create drawing packages for each job.
- Maintain a daily job schedule and keep shop management informed.
- Proven sales/estimating track record, minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Highly proficient in math, observation, and logic.
- Proficient at reading various types of drawings and specifications.
- Understanding of various metal grades and specifications.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills. Written and verbal.
- Strong computer literacy and use of MS Office programs.
- Ability to understand and manipulate CAD drawings.
- Self-motivated, positive, and adaptable to a fast-paced and changing business environment.
- Capable of efficiently managing a large workload.
While we appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.